The AMA recognizes the critical importance of scientific integrity, transparency, and public trust as we fight to contain the global spread of COVID-19 and plan for the authorization, distribution and administration of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Join the COVID-19 Health Equity Task Force live-streamed meeting, July 30, 2021, at 2 pm ET.
- AMA and several health organizations release Joint statement in support of COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all workers in health and long-term care (July 26, 2021).
- CDC provides updated guidance on Myocarditis and pericarditis following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (June 23, 2021).
- CDC provides guidance on Myocarditis and pericarditis after receipt of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines among adolescents and young adults (May 28, 2021).
- Results of recent AMA survey to determine current COVID-19 vaccination rates for practicing physicians, (PDF) shows 96% of physicians have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- CDC provides guidance on COVID-19 Vaccination upon discharge from hospitals, emergency departments, and urgent care facilities (PDF). Learn more (June 8, 2021).
- Read the AMA statement on ACIP reaffirming use of J&J vaccine in U.S. for persons 18 years of age and older (April 23, 2021).
- CDC publishes action steps for clinicians regarding a rare type of blood clot in individuals after receiving the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine: Cases of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis with thrombocytopenia after receipt of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine (April 13, 2021).
- CDC and FDA release a joint statement on reviewing data involving reported U.S. cases of a rare type of blood clot in individuals after receiving Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. (April 13, 2021).
To promote factual information around COVID-19 online, the AMA provides a number of resources for physicians on background and actions, evidence-based messaging guidance and best practices for consideration in external communications on COVID-19 vaccine topics.
The AMA published new resources on what patients need to know regarding COVID-19 vaccines, transmission and wearing face masks:
- COVID-19 vaccines patients' frequently asked questions (Download the PDF).
- COVID-19 Transmission: Patient-facing Information (PDF).
- What Patients Need to Know About Wearing Face Masks (PDF).
To further advance COVID-19 vaccine education and boost confidence in the safety and effectiveness of vaccines authorized by the FDA, the AMA has worked with the Ad Council and the COVID Collaborative, a coalition of the nation’s experts in health, education and the economy, to launch “It’s Up to You.”
Find information on CPT codes for COVID-19 testing, vaccine products and vaccine administrations.
Essential Tools & Resources
COVID-19: AMA's recent and ongoing advocacy efforts
Featured updates: COVID-19 resource center
JAMA Network™️ coronavirus resource center
COVID-19 FAQ: Your pressing questions answered
AMA guide to safely reopening your practice
COVID-19 health equity initiatives across the United States