Updated Nov. 19, 2021
The AMA recognizes the critical importance of scientific integrity, transparency and public trust as we fight to contain the global spread of COVID-19 and plan for the authorization, distribution and administration of COVID-19 vaccines. For other COVID-19 information, visit the AMA's COVID-19 general resource center.
- AMA releases statement on FDA, ACIP actions on COVID-19 vaccine booster doses for adults.
- White House’s Dr. Choucair: Mandates key to beating COVID-19.
- AMA releases a statement: Physicians should grant medical exemptions to vaccines.
- AMA president highlights ongoing COVID challenges, obstacles to care at the opening of the AMA Special Meeting of the House of Delegates.
- Learn about what doctors wish patients knew about COVID-19 vaccines and pregnancy.
- Find answers to COVID-19 booster dose FAQs by patients.
- AMA, AHA, ANA urge vaccinations as U.S. reaches 750,000 COVID-19 deaths.
To promote factual information around COVID-19 online, the AMA provides a number of resources for physicians on background and actions, evidence-based messaging guidance and best practices for consideration in external communications on COVID-19 vaccine topics.
The AMA published new resources on what patients need to know regarding COVID-19 vaccines, transmission and wearing face masks:
- COVID-19 vaccines patients' frequently asked questions (Download the PDF).
- COVID-19 Transmission: Patient-facing Information (PDF).
- What Patients Need to Know About Wearing Face Masks (PDF).
"It's Up to You" COVID-19 vaccine education initiative
To further advance COVID-19 vaccine education and boost confidence in the safety and effectiveness of vaccines authorized by the FDA, the AMA has worked with the Ad Council and the COVID Collaborative, a coalition of the nation’s experts in health, education and the economy, to launch “It’s Up to You.”
Find information on CPT codes for COVID-19 testing, vaccine products and vaccine administrations.
Essential Tools & Resources
COVID-19: AMA's recent and ongoing advocacy efforts
Featured updates: COVID-19 resource center
JAMA Network™️ coronavirus resource center
COVID-19 FAQ: Your pressing questions answered
AMA guide to safely reopening your practice
COVID-19 health equity initiatives across the United States