AMA news and media coverage
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the development and manufacturing of COVID-19 vaccines with recognition that safe and effective vaccine will be essential to reducing morbidity and mortality, and preventing future outbreaks. You can stay up to speed on the AMA’s COVID-19 advocacy efforts and track the fast-moving pandemic with the AMA's COVID-19 resource center, which offers a library of the most up-to-date resources from JAMA Network™, the CDC, and the World Health Organization.
- New CDC tools aim to ease COVID-19 vaccine hunt
- How CPT codes are keeping pace with COVID-19 vaccine development
- Which COVID-19 vaccine should I get? What to tell your patients
- 8 coronavirus tips that doctors wish patients would follow
- J&J vaccine and brain blood clots: What physicians should know
- What doctors wish patients knew about life after vaccination
- AMA statement on recommendation for Moderna COVID-19 vaccine in U.S.: The recommendation approved by the CDC Director for the use of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine in the U.S. population is another major step toward vaccinating millions of people across the country.
- AMA announces additional CPT codes for COVID-19 vaccines: The Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) code set is being updated by the CPT Editorial Panel to include immunization and administration codes that are unique to the COVID-19 vaccine under development by AstraZeneca and University of Oxford.
- AMA statement on FDA authorization of first COVID-19 vaccine: The decision by the FDA to grant an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the first COVID-19 vaccine developed by is a monumental milestone.
- AMA, AHA, ANA back science-based COVID-19 vaccine process, urge vigilance: As COVID-19 vaccine development continues to progress, leading U.S. medical, nursing and health organizations affirmed their commitment to ensuring COVID-19 vaccines are evaluated and ultimately authorized.
- AMA statement on COVID-19 vaccine allocation recommendations: The AMA commends the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) for their efforts to ensure equitable allocation of COVID-19 vaccines as soon as they become available.
- AMA policy aimed at combatting misinformation about COVID-19 vaccines: With misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine development process circulating widely, physicians at the Special Meeting of the AMA House of Delegates adopted policy aimed at educating physicians on speaking with patients about COVID-19 vaccination.
- AMA statement on framework for equitable COVID-19 vaccine allocation: The AMA applauds the National Academy of Medicine’s Committee on Equitable Allocation of Vaccine for the Novel Coronavirus work to develop the framework for equitable allocation of COVID-19 vaccine.
- AMA strongly urges FDA transparency in COVID-19 vaccine development: With COVID-19 vaccine development moving at a rapid pace, the AMA is urging the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to work more closely with the physician community to develop a plan for further education and transparency surrounding COVID-19 vaccine candidates.
Essential Tools & Resources
Featured updates: COVID-19 resource center
Get the news you need with COVID-19 Update on YouTube
Stay informed on the latest COVID-19 vaccine updates
COVID-19 Vaccine Script for Patient Inquiries
COVID-19: Health equity resources
COVID-19: AMA's recent and ongoing advocacy efforts