The AMA and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are closely monitoring COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus) developments.
Feb. 1, 2022, 1 p.m. Central
COVID-19 webinar series: Therapeutics and other treatment options
In the AMA's latest "COVID-19 What Physicians Need to Know" webinar series, experts from the FDA will discuss what prescribers need to know about COVID-19 therapeutic drugs, Paxlovid and Molnupiravir.
- Director of Science, Medicine and Public Health Andrea Garcia, JD, MPH, discusses the newest research on Omicron and other trending topics related to the pandemic.
- Jonathan Ripp, MD, MPH, dean for well-being and resilience at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and chief wellness officer at Mount Sinai Health System, discusses clinician well-being in the COVID-19 “new normal."
- AMA supports U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) removing Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for monoclonal antibody treatments ineffective against the Omicron variant.
- How should physicians communicate the Omicron risk to patients? AMA's COVID-19 video update discusses this question and more.
- AMA's latest in the What Doctors Wish Patients Knew™ series discusses breakthrough COVID infections.