The Council on Medical Education reviews and recommends policies to the AMA House of Delegates for medical and allied health education.
These reports focus on the subject of undergraduate medical education (UME).
Council on Medical Education reports may not be reproduced without express written permission.
- Medical Student Debt and Career Choice (PDF) CME Report 4-N-21
- Healthcare Finance in the Medical School Curriculum report (PDF) CME report 2-I-19 (Resolution 307-A-18).
- Augmented Intelligence in Medical Education (PDF) CME report 4-A-19 (Resolution 317-A-18)
- Study of Declining Native American Medical Student Enrollment (PDF) CME report 5-A-18
- Promoting and Reaffirming Domestic Medical School Clerkship Education (PDF) CME report 1-I-17 (Resolution 308-I-16)
- Feasibility and Appropriateness of Transferring Jurisdiction over Required Clinical Skills Examinations to LCME-Accredited and COCA-Accredited Medical Schools (PDF) CME report 9-A-17
- Obesity Education (PDF) CME report 3-A-17
- The Implications of Competency-based Medical Education for Undergraduate Medical Education (PDF) CME report 7-A-16
- Meaningful Access to Electronic Health Records (EHR) for Undergraduate Medical Education Students (PDF) CME report 8-A-15
- Guidelines for Students Shadowing Physicians (PDF) CME report 8-A-14 (Resolutions 310-A-13 and 913-I-13)
- Update on Expanding Access to Clinical Training Sites for Medical Students (PDF) CME report 1-I-13
- Student Mistreatment (PDF) CME report 9-A-13
- Medical School International Service-Learning Opportunities and Global Health Education (PDF) CME report 9-A-12 (Resolutions 307-A-11/310-A-11)
- Evaluation of Income-Contingent Medical Education Loans (PDF) CME report 8-A-12 (Resolution 306-A-11)
- Advance Tuition Payment Requirements for International Students Enrolled in US Medical Schools (PDF) CME report 5-A-12 (Resolution 312-A-10)