The Medical Student Section (MSS) Governing Council (GC) directs the programs and activities of the section on a national level. The MSS activities are overseen by an 8-member Governing Council that is elected by the Medical Student Section Assembly at each Annual Meeting, except for the chair-elect who is elected at the Interim Meeting.
- Appoint the remainder of the MSS leadership
- Carry out policies and actions items adopted by the assembly
- Direct the MSS agenda and strategies
Term of Service: 1 year, commencing in June (except for the chair-elect and immediate past chair)
- For elections of MSS Governing Council positions at the 2018 Annual Meeting, candidate applications are due May 11, 2018. Applications will be available in March 2018.
- For elections of MSS Governing Council positions at the 2018 Interim Meeting, candidate applications are due Oct. 12, 2018. Applications will be available in September 2018.
In an effort to ensure a fair and transparent campaign period leading up to the 2018 Annual Meeting in Chicago and the 2018 Interim Meeting in National Harbor, Maryland, the MSS speaker provides the speaker's document of rulings so that all candidates have equal access to all rules.
- Speaker’s Ruling for the 2018 Annual Meeting will be released in April 2018.
- Speaker’s Ruling for the 2018 Interim Meeting will be released in Sept. 12, 2018.