The Medical Student Section (MSS) Governing Council (GC) directs the programs and activities of the section on a national level. The MSS activities are overseen by an 8-member Governing Council that is elected by the Medical Student Section Assembly at each Annual Meeting, except for the chair-elect who is elected at the Interim Meeting.
- Appoint the remainder of the MSS leadership
- Carry out policies and actions items adopted by the assembly
- Direct the MSS agenda and strategies
Term of Service: 1 year, commencing in June (except for the chair-elect and immediate past chair)
- For elections of MSS Governing Council positions at the 2018 Annual Meeting, candidate applications are due May 11, 2018.
- For elections of MSS Governing Council positions at the 2018 Interim Meeting, candidate applications are due Oct. 12, 2018. Applications will be available in September 2018.