The AMA Research Challenge is the largest national, multi-specialty medical research conference for medical students, residents, fellows, and international medical graduates to showcase and present research.
Top research projects were showcased at the virtual poster symposium and semifinals Oct. 18-20. Five finalists advancing from the semifinals will present their research to an elite panel of judges, with AMA President, Jesse Ehrenfeld, MD, MPH, as the host. Watch as the winner of the $10,000 grand prize is announced live on Feb. 6, 2024!
Learn more about the research from last year's winner Leela Biswas, an MD/PhD candidate at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, and stay tuned on Feb. 6 to find out our next winner!
- Poster: Effect of mesenchymal stromal cell delivery through cardiopulmonary bypass in a piglet model (PDF)
- School: George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Poster: White Matter Markers for Treatment Outcomes in Major Depressive Disorder (PDF)
- School: Icahn School of Medicine Mount Sinai
- Poster: Detection of cholangiocarcinoma with protease activity probes (PDF)
- School: Harvard Medical School
- Poster: Effects of Obesity on the Neuromuscular Junction of Genioglossus Muscle and Other Associated Muscles of Respiration (PDF)
- School: Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University
Matthew Segar, MD
- Poster: Utilizing a ML-Enabled EMR Provider Workflow to Improve Non-Clinical Tasks (PDF)
- Institution: Texas Heart Institute
Laurel Road is sponsoring the grand prize of $10,000 for the winner of the AMA Research Challenge. Laurel Road is not involved in the judging or scoring process to select the winner. Payment of the grand prize will be directly from Laurel Road. Read the official rules (PDF) for terms and conditions.
Information for the 2024 AMA Research Challenge abstract submissions will be posted once available.
If you have any questions about the AMA Research Challenge, email [email protected].