The HOD will hold its 2019 Interim Meeting from Nov. 16-19 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California. Meetings of the AMA groups (sections) are usually held on Friday and Saturday immediately preceding the HOD’s opening session at both Annual and Interim meetings.
United Airlines is offering a discount at www.united.com.
- Click on "Advanced Search"
- Enter origin, destination and travel dates
- Enter Offer Code ZGE5912085 in the "Promotions and Certificate" box
Available flights will be displayed. When an available flight is selected, the discounted fare will automatically be calculated.
The discount is valid for travel three days prior to and three days after the official meeting date(s).
A discount may also be obtained by calling United Airlines Meetings at 800-426-1122 (a service fee will apply) and mention Z code ZGE5 and Agreement code 912085.
Manchester Grand Hyatt
Reserve your room at the meeting headquarters hotel, the Manchester Grand Hyatt. You can also call the hotel at 1-800-233-1234. Make sure to mention that you will be attending the AMA House of Delegates meeting.
- Single/Double: $285
- Triple: $310
Sections at the Manchester Grand Hyatt:
- Academic Physicians Section (Nov. 15-16, Manchester Grand Hyatt)
- Advisory Committee on LGBTQ Issues (Nov. 16, Manchester Grand Hyatt)
- International Medical Graduates Section (Nov. 16, Manchester Grand Hyatt)
- Minority Affairs Section (Nov. 15, Manchester Grand Hyatt)
- Senior Physicians Section (Nov. 16, Manchester Grand Hyatt)
- Women Physicians Section (Nov. 16, Manchester Grand Hyatt)
If you're a member of an AMA group (section), you can reserve your room at the meeting co-headquarters hotel, the Marriott Marquis, or call the Marriott at 1-877-622-3056 to make a reservation with their central reservation operators.
- Single/Double: $285
- Triple: $315
- Quad: $345
Sections at the Mariott Marquis:
- Integrated Physician Practice Section (Nov. 15, Marriott Marquis)
- Medical Student Section (Nov. 14-16, Marriott Marquis)
- Organized Medical Staff Section (Nov. 14-15, Marriott Marquis)
- Resident and Fellow Section (Nov. 14-16, Marriott Marquis)
- Young Physicians Section (Nov. 14-15, Marriott Marquis)
Please be sure to make your reservations before the cutoff date of Oct. 7, 2019. Any reservations made after the cut off date cannot be guaranteed the group rate. AMA cannot guarantee room availability.
Children ages 6 months to 17 years old can participate in age-appropriate activities at Camp AMA, including arts and crafts projects, active games and much more in a safe, nurturing environment.
- Childcare will be available from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 14 through Monday, Nov. 18 and from 7 a.m. to noon on Tuesday, Nov. 19.
- Fees have decreased, and the charge for a full day for a child aged six months to three years will be $80, with a half day at $50.
- Prices are lower for children over age 3. Hourly rates are also available, with a four hour minimum.
To reserve a spot for your child, please pre-register by Nov. 4, 2019. Children are not considered registered until payment is received. We will assume children will attend during the hours registered.
If your schedule changes or you need to cancel, we need as much notice as possible. We will accommodate you as best we can, based on availability. If you wish to cancel, you will receive a refund if you send a written notice to the ACCENT offices no later than Nov. 4, 2019. After that date, no refunds will be issued. “No shows” receive no refund. This policy is to insure proper staffing, which is in the best interest of the children. There is a $10 non-refundable administrative fee per child.
You may register onsite however space is not guaranteed. You will not be able to purchase meals onsite through ACCENT.
NOTE: For the safety and security of your child(ren), AMA/ACCENT has the right to refuse care to any child based on space availability and appropriateness. AMA/ACCENT also has the right to refuse care to any child unable to adapt to group situations as well as any child whose presence or behavior may disrupt the program or endanger the health or safety of other children.
ACCENT staff do not administer medication and any child who is ill will not be admitted to the center.
The 2019 Interim Meeting details will be available on the app closer to the time of the meeting. Use the app during the meeting for comprehensive information about activities and events.
Download the app