The Women Physicians Section (WPS) seeks to influence and contribute to AMA policy and program development on issues of importance to women physicians, and to increase the number and influence of women physicians in leadership roles.
WPS pursues these goals by:
- Providing a forum for networking, mentoring, advocacy and leadership development for women physicians and medical students
- Monitoring trends while identifying and addressing emerging professional issues affecting women in medicine
- Enhancing AMA cooperation and collaboration with organizations with mutual concerns
- Contributing to AMA advocacy on women’s health and women in medicine policy issues
- Contributing to AMA efforts to increase the membership, participation and leadership of women in the AMA.
All women AMA members are automatically members of the WPS. Other AMA members who are interested in women’s issues may join WPS by completing a brief membership application.
WPS general email: [email protected]