Members of the Women Physicians Section (WPS) have a unique opportunity to shape AMA policy and action on issues that affect women physicians and patients.
- WPS resolution history (catalog of WPS resolutions since 2013, PDF)
- 2022 WPS Interim Meeting Delegates Report (PDF)
- 2022 WPS Annual Meeting Delegates Report (PDF)
Learn how to shape AMA policy
New to the policymaking process? Access our education module, How AMA Policy is Made, to learn how WPS members influence the AMA’s policymaking efforts.
Submit a resolution
WPS representatives may submit resolutions for consideration at the Annual and Interim Meetings of the WPS Assembly. The resolution submission deadline is March 30 for the annual meeting and Aug. 30 for the interim meeting. Submit resolutions and direct questions to [email protected].
- WPS resolution template (DOCX)
Submit a topic for consideration using the resolution idea tool (DOCX).
Comment on policy proposals
WPS members are invited to comment on policy proposals in advance of each WPS Assembly meeting via the online member forum. WPS members will receive an email in advance of each meeting with instructions for accessing and participating in the forum.
Serve on a policy-related committee
The WPS Policymaking Committee is responsible for generating resolution ideas and working with the WPS delegate and alternate delegate to draft and/or review potential resolutions for the AMA House of Delegates (HOD) meetings. Individuals joining the committee are requested to make a one-year commitment. There are a limited number of slots available. The deadline to join this committee is July 31.
WPS HOD Handbook Review Committees convene prior to each WPS meeting to review items of business under consideration by the AMA House of Delegates. The deadline to volunteer is May 10 for the annual meeting and Oct. 14 for the interim meeting.
Contact WPS at [email protected] to learn more about or volunteer to serve on these committees.
- PolicyFinder: Search for policies adopted by the AMA House of Delegates
- Federal and State Correspondence Finder: Search for AMA testimony, comment letters and sign-on letters
- Litigation Center Case Summary Finder: Search for information on AMA Litigation Center cases
- WPS Internal Operating Procedures (PDF)
- AMA Constitution and Bylaws