Stay informed and updated on COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus).
- Sept. 27: Andrea Garcia, JD, MPH, AMA Vice President of Science, Medicine and Public Health, discusses at-home COVID tests and the latest COVID case numbers.
- Sept. 20: Garcia looks at CDC guidelines on new COVID vaccines.
- Sept. 18: Sandra Fryhofer, MD, the AMA’s immediate past board chair and liaison to ACIP, the CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, discusses the updated COVID vaccine.
The AMA has created a resource (PDF) for physicians regarding the end of the Public Health Emergency (PHE) in May 2023 outlining what has changed, what will change, and what will be extended.
The HHS COVID-19 "We Can Do This" public education campaign is a national initiative to increase confidence in COVID-19 vaccines and reinforce basic prevention measures. Access the campaign handouts and posters:
- FAQ handout (PDF)
- Know Your Risk poster (PDF)
- Timing poster (PDF)
- Get Care handout (PDF)
- Treatment for Patients handout (PDF)
- Prevent Getting Sick poster (PDF)
- When to Get Medical Care poster (PDF)