AMA creates tools and resources so physicians can focus on their patients and keep their practices open. Explore resources on internal business operations, clinical workflow and team culture.
Learn more about AMA resources relevant to the internal business operations of a private practice.
Staffing and human resources
- AMA STEPS Forward™ Toolkit: Medical Assistant Professional Development
- Embedding pharmacists into the practice
- Team-based care
- A physician guide to keeping your practice open
EHR/internet and IT support
- AMA STEPS Forward Toolkit: Project ECHO® (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes)
Streamlining prior authorization
- AMA EdHub: Electronic Prior Authorization: A Better Way
- Prior authorization practice resources
- Electronic transaction toolkits
- Practice management system selection toolkit
- Overpayment recovery and appeals resources
Utilizing workflows that support team-based care will boost the productivity of a practice and enhance the patient experience.
- Behavioral Health Integration (BHI) Collaborative
- Telehealth Adoption: Telehealth quick guide
- Overdose educational resource collection for physicians: End the Epidemic
- Getting rid of stupid stuff
- Behavioral health integration
- Pre-visit planning
- Pre-visit labs
- Team documentation
- Medication management
This collection of educational toolkits offers strategies and resources on how to successfully lead and manage change initiatives, empower a team and drive tangible results.