Updated Nov. 5, 2021
For more information on AMA's COVID-19 coverage, visit the AMA’s COVID-19 resource center for physicians. These telehealth resources from the AMA, state and medical societies and other health organizations will help with integrating telehealth during COVID-19.
- For CPT coding information, visit the AMA Data File requests (CPT data file, etc.).
- Read how the AMA stands ready to work (PDF) with state legislators and regulators to advance telehealth policy reforms that promote patient access to quality care.
- Reach out to your state medical association/society for more detailed information and resources on licensure, coverage and payment policies.
- The AMA’s Advocacy Team has been tracking state executive orders, regulatory activities or legislation (PDF) related to telemedicine.
- Read AMA’s state policy options to address COVID-19, as well as state policy guidance on telemedicine (PDF), including links to state best practices.
- The American Telemedicine Association has created a series of webinars discussing the impact COVID-19 has had on telemedicine.
- The National Governors Association is tracking state activities related to COVID-19
- To help physicians and patients get started with telehealth services, HHS launched the telehealth website with resources and best practices for accessing care virtually.
- For physicians, there are tips for getting started, preparing patients for telehealth visits, billing and payment and legal considerations. AMA resources, including the telehealth quick guide, are featured.
- For the latest information on federal policy and payment changes related to telehealth in the midst of COVID-19, visit the CMS Current Emergencies site. Review the most recent fact sheet regarding the Medicare expansion of telehealth services (PDF).
- American Psychiatric Association provides a general resource page and toolkit on COVID-19 and telepsychiatry.
- The American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry has a telepsychiatry toolkit.
- American Academy of Pediatrics has resources on telemedicine
- American College of Physicians has resources on COVID-19 and telemedicine
- Read about the COVID-19 Healthcare Coalition Telehealth Impact Study