The Organized Medical Staff Section held its 2022 Interim Meeting Friday, Nov. 11, 2022. The in-person meeting had more than 30 attendees, including OMSS members and invited guests. Attendees were pleased to see robust engagement and ongoing support for the section.
Attendees heard a presentation from Michael Tutty, PhD, AMA group vice president, Professional Satisfaction and Practice Sustainability. on the intersection of physician mistreatment and burnout. The Assembly also heard, and participated in, a didactic panel discussion addressing violence against physicians and how best to protect our healers.
The program, attended by more than 90 governing council members, was moderated by Tutty. Panel members included: Narayana Murali, MD, Carolynn Francavilla, MD, and David Welsh, MD.
The section transmitted three resolutions to the House of Delegates for consideration:
- Resolution 1: Mattress Safety in the Hospital Setting
- Resolution 2: Obtaining Professional Recognition for Medical Service Professionals
- Resolution 3: Supervision of Non-Physician Providers by Physicians
The section voted not to adopt one resolution:
- Resolution 4: Transparency of Prior Authorization
The section voted to provide support for a variety of AMA House of Delegates resolutions, including:
- CEJA 02: Amendment to Opinion 10.8, “Collaborative Care”
- Res. 008: Supporting Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Safe Leave
- Res. 009: Medical Decision-Making Autonomy of the Attending Physician
- CMS 02: Corporate Practice of Medicine
- CSAPH 01: Drug Shortages: 2022 Update
- Res. 924: Domestic Production of Personal Protective Equipment
Visit the 2022 OMSS Interim Meeting agenda & resources page for meeting documents and more resources from the meeting. To obtain a "presentation-ready" format of the meeting highlights, please email [email protected].
Visit the OMSS pages to learn more about the OMSS and how to become more engaged.