Over 75,000 genetic tests exist on the market, magnifying a host of issues with regulation, prior authorization and health equity. The AMA is taking action to provide physicians with research, advocacy and education in navigating precision medicine.
Through research and partnerships, the AMA is the foremost thought leader for the ethical, clinical implementation of precision medicine.
Payment and coverage for genetic/genomic precision medicine (PDF)
- An overview of precision medicine and AMA policy (CSAPH-CMS joint report 1-I-17).
The Precision Medicine Initiative (PDF)
- The PMI is anv ambitious initiative that holds great promise for improving patient care and outcomes (CSAPH report 3-A-16).
Genome editing and its potential clinical use (PDF)
- Focuses on the remarkable advances in genome editing and its potential clinical applications (CSAPH report 3-I-16).
Genomics in hypertension: Risk prediction and treatment (PDF)
- Examines genetic factors relevant to the hypertension control and emerging tools (CSAPH report 1-I-14).
Genetic discrimination and the genetic information nondiscrimination act (PDF)
- Focuses on genetic discrimination steps toward strengthening protections (SAPH report 7-A-13).
Genomic-based personalized medicine (PDF)
- Reviews current status of genomic-based PM and challenges to implementing it (CSAPH report 4-A-10).
Genomics and precision health roundtable
- Bringing together leaders to translate genetics research findings into action.
NIH's All of Us Research Program
- Historic effort to gather data from one million or more people to accelerate precision medicine.