Each year, the Medical Student Section regions host Physicians of the Future Summits which allow for educational programs and further discussion on leadership development relevant to each region and its membership.
Medical students will have the opportunity at the summit to learn how to grow their leadership skills and use these skills to advocate for the medical profession.
Physicians of the Future Summit-Region 3 is being held virtually Jan. 29, 2023.
All regions will convene for a joint session on Jan. 28 from noon.-1:50 p.m. Central, which will be followed by separate region summits.
Information on how to access the meeting will be posted once available.
Plenary session agenda (Jan. 28, all times are Central)
Please log in by 11:50 a.m.
- Achieving Health Equity: Habits of Mind for Social Justice Warriors
- Developing Leadership as a Young Physician
- 5 Things Program Directors Look for in a CV and Residency Application
Region 3 agenda (Jan. 29, all times are Central)
- Anand Singh, region chair, MSS Region 3, Anne Burnett Marion School of Medicine at Texas Christian University
- Kimberly Ibarra, region chair-elect, MSS Region 3, Sam Houston State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
MSS Leadership guest speaker panel
- Melanie Baker, past co-policy chair, MSS Region 3, University of Mississippi School of Medicine - Jackson
- Rajadhar Reddy, past legislative chair, MSS Region 3, Baylor College of Medicine
- Natasha Topolski, past region chair, MSS Region 3, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth Houston
- Richard Easterling, director, AAFP Board of Directors, University of Mississippi, School of Medicine - Jackson
- Leadership in Service, Leadership in Advocacy
Break/Digital poster gallery (tracks)
- Leadership in Advocacy
- Leadership in Medical Education
- Leadership in Research
Leadership in Advocacy in Residency
- Swetha Maddipudi, MD, MPH, resident physician at Mount Sinai, downtown residency in Urban Family Medicine
Announce award winners for digital poster gallery & ignite-style talks
- Anand Singh, region chair, MSS Region 3, Anne Burnett, Marion School of Medicine at Texas Christian University
Visit the other region summit pages for details of their events.