The AMA Council on Long Range Planning and Development (CLRPD) studies and evaluates the long-range objectives and policy development process in order to make recommendations to the AMA Board of Trustees on the strategic issues related to AMA's vision, goals and priorities.
The council's 5 main functions are:
- To study and make recommendations on the long-range objectives of the AMA
- To advise the board of trustees on strategies to reach the AMA's long-range objectives
- To study anticipated changes in the environment of medicine and how they relate to the decision-making centers of the AMA
- To identify and evaluate ways to enhance the AMA's policy development process, make policy positions readily accessible and provide support to the AMA's outreach, communications and advocacy activities
- To evaluate the formation or change of any member group or section and make recommendations to the AMA House of Delegates
Earn Free CME with the Health Care Trends Report
Access the Health Care Trends report through the AMA's Education Center to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for each chapter reviewed. Non-physicians can receive certificates of participation.
This report analyzes data on health care issues, identifies related trends and suggests implications for patients, physicians and health care entities.
Chapters posted in the Education Center are updated on a rolling basis and may not correspond with the most recent complete edition of the report.
Information for Council Members and the Public
Learn more about the Council on Long Range Planning & Development's responsibilities and activities: