In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for telehealth services has skyrocketed. Telehealth has moved from a growing area of interest to an absolute necessity, and practices may never be the same.
That’s why the AMA is leading the charge to aggressively expand telehealth advocacy, research and resources so physicians can adapt their practices and get paid equitably while maintaining patient access to care.
- We fight at the state and federal levels to ensure that payment is fair, whether you treat patients in person or over the phone.
- We work to remove barriers to insurance coverage and access for all patients regardless of their condition or their lack of access to technology.
- In rapid response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the AMA developed the resources you needed to quickly implement telehealth programs and continue care.
- AMA continues to develop physician-focused CME with practical advice on how to select and implement a telehealth service model.
- The AMA interviews physicians to combine experience with proven processes to develop practical, tested implementation resources.
Table of Contents
- Telehealth advocacy, research and resources
- AMA’s advocacy makes it easier for physicians to deliver care via telehealth, get paid and expand access for all patients.
- AMA resources make telehealth implementation faster and less burdensome for you, your practice and your patients.
- AMA research spurs solutions that keep physician and patient needs at the forefront of telehealth delivery.