The Telehealth Immersion Program is the AMA’s newest offering to guide physicians, practices and health systems in optimizing and sustaining telehealth at their organizations and builds on The Telehealth Initiative.
Through a series of curated webinars, interactive peer-to-peer learning sessions, virtual discussions, bootcamps and resources on-demand, the Telehealth Immersion Program offers a comprehensive curriculum and enhanced experience navigating the world of telehealth alongside peers nationwide.
The Telehealth Immersion Program, part of the AMA STEPS Forward™ Innovation Academy, will provide foundational information surrounding the telehealth landscape and offer deep dives into aspects of telehealth including, but not limited to:
- Clinical best practices.
- Integration with other health care technologies.
- The impact of telehealth related to elements of the quadruple aim.
- How to successfully scale and sustain telehealth in practice.
- Virtual care expansion opportunities.
Additionally, the program will explore the barriers and challenges that exist today—such as access to technology, broadband and issues surrounding digital literacy—to ensure telehealth can reach the potential it has to enhance care delivery, continuity, and experience, expand equitable patient access, and support improved clinical outcomes and value.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the telehealth landscape including market trends and available research.
- Employ methods to effectively facilitate key stakeholder discussions and determine prioritization of telehealth initiatives in practice.
- Create a comprehensive telehealth implementation and/or scale plan including establishing the project team, vendor evaluation, vendor contracting, gaining buy-in support, defining and measuring success, re-designing workflows, training the team, patient education, establishing feedback mechanisms for continual improvement, and scaling or expanding telehealth offerings. This includes planning for sustainability beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
To learn more about the program please contact us.