The Telehealth Immersion Program supports physicians, practices and health systems in optimizing and sustaining telehealth at their organizations.
This self-guided curriculum consists of live and recorded webinars, interactive peer-to-peer learning sessions, virtual discussions, bootcamps and resources on-demand. New additions to the program portfolio are regularly added throughout the year building the comprehensiveness of program content.
While there is no formal sign-up process to participate in the program, we welcome participants to register for events and download resources as they relate to your interests in telehealth.
The goals of the program are to:
- Provide comprehensive education on current telehealth trends, virtual care implementation, team-based care, workflow design, technology, telepresence skills, optimization, measurement, medical education, specialty-specific use, policy, coding, and payment, among other topic areas.
- Examine and build the evidence base for interventions that support telehealth in clinical practice by measuring the value of virtual care across patient satisfaction, provider satisfaction, access, clinical outcomes, quality, safety, financial, operational, and equity.
- Facilitate collaboration and the sharing of information and resources among physicians and practices to create a national action network to support the adoption and scale of safe, trusted, and effective telehealth solutions.
The Telehealth Immersion Program, part of the AMA STEPS Forward® Innovation Academy, will provide foundational information surrounding the telehealth landscape and offer deep dives into aspects of telehealth including, but not limited to:
- Clinical best practices.
- Integration with other health care technologies.
- The impact of telehealth related to elements of the quadruple aim.
- How to successfully scale and sustain telehealth in practice.
- Virtual care expansion opportunities.
Additionally, the program will explore the barriers and challenges that exist today—such as access to technology, broadband and issues surrounding digital literacy—to ensure telehealth can reach the potential it has to enhance care delivery, continuity and experience, expand equitable patient access, and support improved clinical outcomes and value.
If you would like to connect with program participants or presenters, we welcome you to join the Physician Innovation Network (PIN) and review the Telehealth Immersion Program’s collaborators. Following every session, we encourage participants to continue the discussion on PIN on the Q&A thread.
Learn more (PDF) about the AMA's initiatives and resources to help advance the use of telehealth and support physicians, care teams, practices and health systems.
In participating in this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the telehealth landscape including market trends and available research.
- Employ methods to effectively facilitate key stakeholder discussions and determine the prioritization of telehealth initiatives in practice.
- Create a comprehensive telehealth implementation and/or scale plan including establishing the project team, vendor evaluation, vendor contracting, gaining buy-in support, defining and measuring success, re-designing workflows, training the team, patient education, establishing feedback mechanisms for continual improvement, and scaling or expanding telehealth offerings. This includes planning for sustainability beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
Individuals who take part in three or more AMA STEPS Forward® Innovation Academy activities are eligible to receive a Recognition of Participation certificate. Find more information.
To learn more about the program please contact us.