Take on a leadership role in the RFS and make an impact on issues facing residents and fellows, patients and the medical profession.
The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) is seeking nominations of individuals for election to one resident physician/fellow director position on its Board of Directors. The term for the resident member is two years.
Select skills the NRMP Board will be evaluating among nominees include:
- Demonstrated leadership (student/ resident government, medical organization leadership, GMEC, chief resident)
- Demonstrated scholarly productivity (medical education publications, presentations, etc.)
- Understanding of the GME application and matching process, including applying to, interviewing with, and ranking programs in the NRMP
- Resident or fellow through term of appointment
- Capable of fulfilling fiduciary responsibility to Board
NRMP BOD application (DOCX, members only) Applications are due Oct. 4, 2023.
RFS delegates and alternate delegates
Each state and specialty society represented in the HOD may select one delegate and alternate per 100 AMA resident and fellow members to advocate on issues that are of interest to your society and vote on key issues.
Review the specialty societies allocation (PDF) and state societies allocation (PDF) to confirm how many delegates you may credential. Credential must be completed by Oct. 6, 2023. Please contact the RFS if you have any questions at [email protected].
Temporary RFS alternate delegates
The RFS is currently filling sectional alternate delegate vacancies. These vacancies are filled by a temporary appointment of RFS members who will be present at the 2023 Interim Meeting of the House of Delegates, Nov. 10-14, at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, Maryland, at the discretion of the RFS delegate and alternate delegate.
Temporary appointments are for the duration of the HOD meeting, Nov. 10-14, 2023. If you are interested in serving as a temporary sectional alternate delegate, please contact the RFS staff at [email protected].