Members of the Organized Medical Staff Section (OMSS) have a unique opportunity to shape AMA policy and action on organized medicine.
New to the policymaking process? Access the education module, How AMA Policy is Made, to learn how OMSS members influence the AMA’s policymaking efforts.
Submit a resolution
OMSS members may submit resolutions for consideration at biannual meetings of the OMSS Assembly (June and November). OMSS resolutions adopted by the House of Delegates become AMA policy.
Please submit resolutions by April 30, 2023, to Jason Ranville at [email protected].
Consider these guidelines when writing a resolution:
- Does the resolution pertain specifically to the OMSS?
- Does the resolution duplicate existing AMA policy? (Visit the AMA's PolicyFinder for existing policy.)
- View an exemplar OMSS resolution (PDF).
- View a resolution template (PDF).
- For help with a resolution, contact OMSS Senior Policy Analyst Jason Ranville at [email protected].
- If you’re not quite ready to submit your resolution, you can post your resolution idea for others' input through the online member forum.
Comment on policy proposals
OMSS members are invited to comment on policy proposals in advance of each OMSS business meeting via the online member forum. Authors are encouraged to comment on their own resolutions if they believe doing so is informative to other reviewers.
- PolicyFinder: Search for policies adopted by the AMA House of Delegates
- Federal and State Correspondence Finder: Search for AMA testimony, comment letters and sign-on letters
- Litigation Center Case Summary Finder: Search for information on AMA Litigation Center cases
- OMSS internal operating procedures (PDF, members only)
- AMA Constitution and Bylaws