The Organized Medical Staff Section is the only physician-led, national group that advocates for medical staff organizations and their members. The OMSS empowers physicians affiliated with medical staffs, whether employed or in private practice, to improve patient outcomes and physician experience, and to otherwise effect positive change in their practice environments.
Membership in the Organized Medical Staff Section is open to AMA members selected by their hospital or health system medical staffs to represent the interests and concerns of their medical staff peers at biannual OMSS meetings and to serve as liaisons between the OMSS and local medical staffs.
Stay in the know with the OMSS newsletter
Be the first to get the latest news from OMSS by signing up for our monthly newsletter. Just follow these quick steps to get started:
- Sign in to the preferences page.
- On the left navigation, click on "Subscriptions."
- Click "Add New Subscriptions."
- Click on Member Sections (located in the middle of the page).
- Scroll down to select "Organized Medical Staff."
Meet the Organized Medical Staff Section leadership.