The AMA-MSS local campus sections allow for medical students to become involved in:
- Community service activities
- Grassroots advocacy
- Recruitment activities
- Opportunities for social and career networking
- And much more!
To establish a local campus section at your medical school or learn more about resources, review the Guidebook for New Sections (PDF). For more information, please contact [email protected]
Local campus section representation at meetings
Local campus section
All certified Local Campus Sections, with a total student population less than 999 enrolled students, may select one MSS Delegate and one Alternate MSS Delegate for representation at meetings. Local Campus Sections with a total student enrollment greater than 999 enrolled students may select two MSS Delegates and two MSS Alternate Delegates.
Local Campus Sections can apply for recruitment grants through the Medical Student Outreach Program (MSOP).
All certified satellite campuses may select one MSS Delegate and one Alternate MSS Delegate for representation at meetings. A satellite campus is a separate administrative campus from the central campus with a minimum of 20 student body members over a period of time no less than an academic year.
New local campus section or satellite campus
Be sure to take the necessary steps to ensure your new campus section or satellite campus has representation at MSS meetings. You must submit a written request to the MSS Governing Council at [email protected] confirming that your new satellite or local campus section meets the criteria for representation at MSS meetings. Your request must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the first meeting at which you wish to seat representatives. Review the MSS Internal Operating Procedures on these criteria for representation or send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Satellite Campus Representation.”
Criteria for Representation
- Programs accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education or the American Osteopathic Association may select one MSS Delegate and one Alternate MSS Delegate.
- All MSS Delegates and Alternate Delegates must be medical student members of the AMA.
- All MSS Delegates and Alternate MSS Delegates shall be certified to the MSS Governing Council by a student officer of the educational program or a State Medical Student Section.
- All MSS Delegates and Alternate MSS Delegates are subject to credentialing by the MSS Governing Council prior to meeting representation.