Join the medical school conversation: Register for upcoming webinars, view past webinars, visit our online community, participate in panel discussions or contribute to the conversation with your peers on Twitter (#ChangeMedEd and #ChangeResEd) and Facebook.
AMA Medical Education webinar series
Each webinar in the series explores an aspect of innovation in medical education.
Logging in with your AMA website credentials is required to view recordings of past webinars. Visit this page to view all webinar recordings and copies of each presentation’s slides.
COVID-19 webinar series
- June 29, 2020: Engaging learners in telemedicine visits: workflows to support teaching, feedback and billing
- June 15, 2020: Focusing on diversity: Promoting mission-aligned medical school admission and residency selection processes
- May 18, 2020: Taking care of our students: Preparing for the 2021 residency application cycle
- Apr. 29, 2020: Clinical education and return to clerkships in the world of COVID-19: Principles, alternative models and assessing competence
- Apr. 15, 2020: Early graduation from medical school in response to COVID-19: Issues and concerns
Innovations in Medical Education webinar series
- Sept. 28, 2020: Residency application process: Current challenges and potential solutions
- Aug. 3, 2020: Fostering agility in learning: competency-based medical education and coaching to support master adaptive learners
- July 20, 2020: Applying Systems Thinking to Address Structural Racism in Health Professions Education: Curriculum, Structural Competency, and Institutional Change
- Feb. 17, 2020: The AMA and medical education: How did we get here and where are we going?
- Nov. 18, 2019: Well-being and the clinical learning environment
- Oct. 7, 2019: Bridging UME and GME: Serving learners through better communication
- July 29, 2019: Bridging the gap: Aligning medical education with high-value care
- May 13, 2019: Integrating health systems science in medical education: Challenges and solutions
- March 25, 2019: Learning from the source: Patients as teachers
- Sept. 17, 2018: How can medical students add value to patient care in the health system?
- July 30, 2018: Portfolios and Dashboards: Leveraging data for student success
- May 21, 2018: Leadership training: Developing the next generation of physician leaders
AMA International webinar series
- Oct. 14, 2019: Teaching high-value care: Perspectives from the U.S. and South Africa
- July 15, 2019: Informatics in medical education: Perspectives from the U.S. and South Africa
- May 21, 2019: Integrating population health: Perspectives from the U.S. and South Africa
Health Systems Science webinar series
- Aug. 13, 2018: Health systems science in medical education
- Jan. 29, 2018: Teaching team-based care
- Oct. 23, 2017: Health systems science: The third pillar of medical education
- Aug. 21, 2017: Teaching population health
- May 21, 2017: Developing leaders
- Apr. 24, 2017: Teaching electronic health records
Innovations in Medical Education virtual panel discussions
Upcoming panel discussions
(Logging in with your AMA website credentials is required)
Past panel discussions
View archives of past panel discussions.
- Sept. 29–Oct. 4: Residency application process: current challenges and potential solutions
- August 4–August 9: Coaching the Master Adaptive Learner
- July 21–26: Applying systems thinking to address structural racism in health professions education: Curriculum, structural competency and institutional change
- June 30–July 18: Engaging learners in telemedicine visits: Workflows to support teaching, feedback and billing
- June 16-28, 2020: Focusing on diversity: Promoting mission-aligned medical school admission and residency selection processes
- May 19–June 28, 2020: Taking care of our students: Preparing for the 2021 residency application cycle
- Mar. 9–June 15, 2020: Maintaining medical education during pandemics: a conversation among colleagues about concerns, challenges and instructional alternatives in uncertain scenarios
- Feb. 18–23, 2020: The AMA and medical education: How did we get here and where are we going?
- Nov. 19–24, 2019: Well-being and the clinical learning environment
- Oct. 8–13, 2019: Bridging UME and GME: Serving learners through better communication
- Aug. 12–18, 2019: Virtual panel discussion: Minimizing "pajama time" for clinicians: Are students today receiving the right EHR training for tomorrow?
- June 17–23, 2019: Faculty development: No size fits all
- May 13–17, 2019: Integrating health systems science in medical education: Challenges and solutions
- April 15–21, 2019: Diversity in medical education: Beyond checking the box
- March 25–29, 2019: Learning from the source: Patients as teacher
- Feb. 11–17, 2019: Differentiation vs. Generalization: Should all students have the same competencies at graduation?