The Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs (CEJA) is the judicial authority of the AMA. The council investigates general ethical conditions and all matters pertaining to the relations of physicians to one another or to the public, and make recommendations to the House of Delegates or the constituent associations through the issuance of reports.
View the complete suite of reports by year.
Reports by topic
- Report of the Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs (A-14)
- Caring for patients at the end of life
- Consent, communication & decision making
- Financing & delivery of health care
- Interprofessional relationships
- Modernization of Code of Medical Ethics
- Organ procurement & transplantation
- Patient-physician relationships
- Physicians & the health of the community
- Privacy, confidentiality & medical records
- Professional self-regulation
- Research & innovation