Reports by the Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs (CEJA) interpret the AMA Principles of Medical Ethics to provide practical ethics guidance on timely topics.
When the AMA House of Delegates adopts the recommendations of a CEJA report they become Opinions in the Code of Medical Ethics. The body of the report, which sets out CEJA’s ethics analysis, is archived and remains available as a resource to help users apply guidance.
CEJA reports may not be reproduced without express written permission.
- Amendments to Opinions 1.2.11, “Ethical Innovation in Medical Practice”; 11.1.2, “Physician Stewardship of Health Care Resources”; 11.2.1, “Professionalism in Health Care Systems”; and 1.1.6, “Quality” (PDF) CEJA Report 2-N-21 (Opinions 11.1.2 and 11.2.1)
- Mergers of Secular and Religiously Affiliated Health Care Institutions (PDF) CEJA Report 2-A-18 (Opinion 11.2.6)
- Restrictive Covenants (PDF) CEJA Report 3-A-14 (Opinion 184.108.40.206)
- Professionalism in Health Care Systems (PDF) CEJA Report 5-I-13 (Opinion 11.2.1)
- Physician Stewardship of Health Care Resources (PDF) CEJA Report 1-A-12 (Opinion 11.1.2)
- Financial Barriers to Health Care Access (PDF) CEJA Report 2-A-09 (Opinion 11.1.4)
- Opinion 8.132, “Referral of Patients: Disclosure of Limitations,” Amendment (PDF) CEJA Report 3-A-07 (Opinion 11.2.2)
- Restrictive Covenants (PDF) CEJA Report 8-A-07 (Opinion 220.127.116.11)
Copies of Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs reports may be requested by telephone or email to: