Membership Moves Medicine™
An AMA membership means you have a say when it comes to costly insurance mergers.
Improve the health care system
Reduce regulatory burdens, stand up to insurance companies and preserve health coverage.
End the overdose epidemic
Bring more physician leadership to end this national epidemic.
Pursuit of knowledge
Full access to world-class research, education, training and insights.
Extinguish physician burnout
A life coach, office manager and calculator all rolled into one.
Fighting for you on multiple fronts
- Stops costly insurance mergers that this year could have cost physicians $500 million a year.
- Uses 60% of all membership dues for lobbying activities to advance the cause of physicians and their patients.
- Serves as a relentless ally on Capitol Hill, in the courtroom and on the front lines of diabetes prevention and opioid abuse.
- Makes sure your opinion counts and your voice is heard.
An AMA membership means actively fighting to end the overdose epidemic
- The AMA Substance Use and Pain Care Task Force brings more physician leadership to bear on this national epidemic.
- Greater emphasis on overdose prevention and treatment to help end the stigma of addiction.
- Last year, nearly 120,000 physicians completed courses on opioid prescribing.
- Education and training to offer effective treatment plans for patients with pain and substance use disorders.
As a physician, your learning never stops
- Retrieve world-class clinical research, education and insights.
- Access clinical research to improve patient well-being and quality of care through the JAMA Network™.
- Earn and track CME and MOC on your schedule with the Precision Medicine for Your Practice Series.
- Stay on top of the latest research and best practices that will help you deliver better outcomes for your patients.
No membership does more for you, so you can do more for your patients
- Plenty of tools to make sure you’re actively working to extinguish physician burnout.
- More than 40 award-winning tools to help with managing stress, preventing burnout and improving your workday routine.
- The AMA Steps Forward™ program offers insightful and innovative flourishing strategies for physicians and their staff.
- Invaluable guides are available to help you run an efficient and thriving practice.