The AMA works to inform lawmakers, guide decision-making and generate support for policies critical to our nation’s health care system—and we can’t do it without your help.
Sign up for AMA Advocacy Update
- Stay up to date with advocacy news on key national and state issues impacting physicians, patients and the health care environment. Catch up on the latest news by viewing recent issues and subscribing to this biweekly newsletter.
Join the AMA Physicians Grassroots Network
- Connect with physicians from across the country and advocate for solutions to our nation’s health care challenges—no one is more qualified to help guide members of Congress as they draft, debate and enact health care legislation than those who deliver quality care to patients every day.
Become a member of the AMA Very Influential Physicians program
- Take on a leadership role in grassroots activities—and learn how to build and leverage connections with members of Congress to advance our shared agenda on Capitol Hill.
Register to attend AMA Advocacy Insights webinars
- Tune in as physicians and advocates share their expertise on a wide swath of important issues from the federal and state levels impacting health care—including scope of practice, prior authorization, Medicare physician payment and more.
Learn about the issues that matter: AMA advocacy in action
- Dive into the nuts and bolts of key issues to physicians and patients—and what the AMA is doing to help.
Read about AMA advocacy efforts
- Since launching its five-part Recovery Plan for America’s Physicians last year, the AMA has achieved significant wins on these—and other—areas critical to health care.
Attend advocacy events
- The AMA State Advocacy Summit and National Advocacy Conference put you on the ground to directly affect state and federal health policy by getting the information you need. Save the date and join the AMA for the 2024 State Advocacy Summit on Jan. 11-13 in Amelia Island, Florida, and the 2024 National Advocacy Conference on Feb. 12-14 in Washington, D.C. Registration and additional information about the meetings will be posted as it becomes available.
Become an AMA member
- The AMA helps physicians build a better future for medicine, advocating on the Hill, in the states, and in the courts to remove obstacles to patient care and confront today’s greatest health crises.