Jan. 9-11, 2025
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa | Carlsbad, California
Registration information will be posted when available.
More than 300 physician leaders and medical society staff attend the annual AMA State Advocacy Summit, held in January. Attendees have the opportunity to:
- Hear from national experts on the critical issues impacting medicine at the state level
- Strategize with advocacy leaders on their organizations’ state legislative and regulatory priorities
- Network with other physician leaders and colleagues from across the country
Conference content focuses on key health care issues that states will likely address in the coming legislative sessions, such as prior authorization, scope of practice, physician wellness, the overdose epidemic and reproductive health.
See highlights from the 2024 AMA State Advocacy Summit as you save the date for the 2025 summit:
- AI cannot—and must not—replace the physician’s caring touch
- Meet physicians’ newest allies in the prior authorization battle
- How tragedy catalyzed changes to support physician well-being
- How scope creep is pushing beyond primary care
- What employed physicians should know about noncompete clauses
The AMA works to generate support for policies critical to the nation’s health care system—and we can’t do it without your help. Learn more about ways to get involved with AMA advocacy.