AMA Ambassador Program
Spread the word about how Membership Moves Medicine™ in your practice, your network, your community.
What are the goals of this member program?
- Equip members with the skills and knowledge to confidently speak to the AMA's initiatives and the value of membership.
- Cultivate a supportive and diverse AMA ambassador community with opportunities to connect both in-person and online.
- Invest in and recognize the AMA's most active and loyal members.
- Increase overall awareness about what the AMA does for physicians and their patients.
Ambassador Program 2021
AMA is creating monthly virtual events delivered by AMA subject matter experts and featuring ambassador panelists.
The AMA Ambassador Program is now accepting applications for open 2021 leadership positions.
Ambassadors: Submit your update on how you're advocating for the AMA and sharing AMA content.
Special meeting of the HOD & sections meetings attendees: Join us on Nov. 8 for the sections meetings virtual mixer, and on Nov. 13 for the HOD mixer.
What's involved in being an ambassador?
Join the ambassador community, attend training sessions and access the activation app.
Speak up in-person and online about how the AMA is the physicians’ powerful ally in patient care.
Be the first to know about new initiatives, events and resources, and gain access to a network of peers and mentors.
Share how AMA Membership Moves Medicine™, proof that members are the driving force behind the AMA’s impactful work.
- Scholarships to attend and be trained at the AMA advocacy conferences
- Leadership development and digital fellowship opportunities
- AMA core message and social media training
- Give critical input on and beta test new products and resources
- Network at VIP events and with AMA leadership
- Opportunity to attend the annual ambassador bootcamp
- Receive recognition for your advocacy efforts
What should you expect next?
- Submit an application; once it has been approved, you'll receive a welcome email and an invitation to join our activation app, Smarp
- Download the Smarp activation app, create an account (link will be provided in the email) and watch the self-guided tutorial
- In the welcome email, you’ll be prompted to join the ambassador online communities
- Attend a training session at the next AMA meeting, or contact staff for a one-on-one session
- Automatically be registered to receive our monthly Ambassador Alerts electronic newsletter
Ambassador Program leadership
The ambassador program is for members, created by members.
Meet your 2020 steering committee members
- Ricardo Correa, MD
- Louito Edje, MD
- Victoria Gordon
- Matthew Lecuyer, MD
- Avani Patel, MD, MHA
- Brandi Ring, MD
- Bryanne Standifer, MD
- David Welsh, MD
Ambassadors put a human face to the AMA—read about two of our AMAzing ambassadors.
Carl Streed Jr., MD
" There is no one best path to becoming a health care professional. Always be prepared to advocate for your patients, and change the system."
"Medicine is not just a simple career. It is a lifestyle—one that is full of ups and downs, sacrifice, and it will push you to be your best self in order to care for others."