AMA-OMSS Meetings & Events
The 2016 OMSS Interim Meeting will be held November 10-12 in Orlando.
We hope that you'll join us to:
- Increase your knowledge,
- Take action on issues vital to physicians affiliated with medical staffs, and
- Connect with other medical staff leaders from across the country.
OMSS is pleased to announce two ways you can participate in our meeting, even if you can't join us in Orlando:
1. Join our education programs online in real time.
Tune in online at 8 am Eastern time on Friday, November 11, to participate virtually in two OMSS education programs:
- Emerging issues in medical staff affairs
Featuring: Susan DuBois, President, National Association Medical Staff Services, and Arthur Snow, Jr. MD, Immediate Past Chair, AMA-OMSS Governing Council
- Creating a culture of excellence to deliver value and restore joy and resiliency to the practice of medicine
Featuring: William Maples, MD, Executive Director, The Institute for Healthcare Excellence, and Chief Medical Officer, Professional Research Consultants
Reserve your spot now for free online access to these programs.
2. Contribute to our policy-making process
AMA members may visit the OMSS Online Member Forum to comment on resolutions and reports that will be discussed at the meeting. The Forum will open October 7.
The 2016 AMA Interim meeting will be held at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. OMSS events will be held at the Swan Resort, while House of Delegates events will be held at the Dolphin Resort. The two hotels are adjacent to one another and connected by a covered outdoor walkway. The AMA's block of reserved rooms is at the Dolphin Resort.
- Reserve your room at the Dolphin Resort by October 17, 2016.
The 2016 OMSS Interim Meeting will feature innovative and interactive education programs on a range of highly relevant topics, including:
- Emerging issues in medical staff affairs;
- Patient experience and improved outcomes;
- Mentoring the next generation of physician leaders;
- Becoming a more effective physician leader;
- Medical staff engagement of physicians;
- And more!
Resolutions may be submitted by individual OMSS Representatives or by state society medical staff sections. Resolutions must be submitted to the AMA Department of Organized Medical Staff Services no later than 40 days before the commencement of the Assembly Meeting at which they will be considered.
- The resolution submission deadline for the 2016 OMSS Interim Meeting is October 1.
Note: A state medical staff section that adjourns its meeting after or less than seven days before the 40-day deadline is permitted to submit resolutions up to 7 days after the close of its meeting. In any event, all resolutions must be submitted no later than 10 days before the AMA-OMSS meeting.
All resolutions submitted after the deadlines described above, but before 4:00 p.m. the day before the meeting begins, are considered “late” and require a 2/3 vote of the OMSS Assembly in order to be considered.
Although all AMA members are invited to attend the OMSS meeting, only certified OMSS representatives are permitted to fully participate in the meeting (e.g., submit resolutions, make motions, vote).
OMSS representatives play a key role in the functioning of the Section. In addition to representing the interests and concerns of their medical staffs at biannual OMSS meetings, OMSS representatives serve as a two-way conduit for the transfer of vital information between the OMSS and medical staffs across the country. We hope that you will consider fully participating in the activities of the Section by becoming an OMSS representative today!
Contact the OMSS with any questions about becoming an OMSS representative.