The Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) codes offer physicians and health care professionals a uniform language for coding medical services and procedures to streamline reporting, increase accuracy and efficiency.
Innovation could provide better care for patients, and a CPT code could help. CPT codes can remove obstacles to care, so that physicians can put the work into practice.
The CPT® Editorial Panel Process
- How to submit a code change application—in detail
- A calendar of CPT Editorial Panel meetings and submission deadlines
- The results of CPT Editorial Panel meetings—what was the vote?
- Summary information on the latest CPT codes and content—sign up for CPT News
Innovation and technology
- How CPT coding supports advancements in medicine
- AMA's Return on Health: Telehealth framework for practices
Medical practice management
- Medical practice management tools to transform practices, navigate state and federal regulations and understand the particulars of different payment models:
Learn more on how to get involved with the CPT code set development process.
Essential CPT® Tools & Resources
COVID-19 vaccine CPT® codes tool
E/M Checklist: Prepare your practice for office visit changes