The AMA’s research provides overwhelming proof that patients want physicians to lead their medical care and the advocacy roadmap.
- Four out of five patients prefer having physicians lead their health care team.
- Seventy-five percent of patients prefer to be treated by a physician.
- Ninety-one percent of patients said that a physician’s years of education and training are vital to optimal patient care, especially in the event of a complication or medical emergency.
- Physicians and nonphysicians practice in the same locations—largely in the highly populated areas of a state.
Health Workforce Mapper
- Customize and visualize the geographic distribution of physicians and non-physician clinicians at a state or county level.
Truth in Advertising Campaign
- Designed to ensure patients clearly understand who is providing their health care.
National survey: Patient sentiment on scope of practice
- The survey was conducted among 1,000 U.S. voters (PDF) between Jan. 27 and Feb. 1, 2021.