Rapid advancements in artificial intelligence/augmented intelligence (AI)-enabled health care innovation are reshaping technology’s capacity to enhance patient care, population health and work life of health care providers. The pace of innovation also accelerates the need for trusted resources, and guidance for answers and meaningful perspective on AI.
Focused on making technology an asset, not a burden, in the delivery of health care, the AMA is committed to helping physicians and other health professionals become well-informed as they navigate new applications of AI—and new gaps in understanding. One crucial resource is the very language used to describe these AI applications, and the services and procedures they enable.
As the language of medicine today, the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) code set reflects the latest medical care provided to patients. To this end the AMA CPT Editorial Panel has accepted the addition of CPT Appendix S: AI taxonomy for medical services & procedures. The taxonomy provides guidance for describing and classifying various AI applications and went into effect Jan. 1, 2022.
Join our webinar with CPT Editorial Panel member Richard Frank, MD, PhD, and CPT Coding and Regulatory manager Samantha Ashley to understand the AMA’s AI taxonomy. You will gain:
- Insight into the development of the AI taxonomy
- Understanding of the terminology included in the AI taxonomy
- Guidance on how to describe your AI-enabled innovation in the language of CPT
May 25, 2022, 12 p.m. Central
- Richard Frank, MD, PhD, member, CPT Editorial Panel
- Samantha Ashley, coding and regulatory manager, CPT
- Lori Prestesater, vice president, health solutions, AMA