PLA Application and Publication Calendar
PLA test codes will be released and posted online on a quarterly basis (fall, winter, spring and summer) in data files. New codes are effective the quarter following their publication. These codes will also be included in the annual update of the CPT codebook beginning in 2018.
Review the application submission calendar for additional information on:
- Application submission deadlines for quarterly review cycle
- Dates for application review by the PLA Technical Advisory Group (PLA-TAG)
- Dates for the CPT® Editorial Panel consideration of applications
- Publication dates for the approved codes
- Effective dates for the new codes
For additional information on the application and review process, visit the FAQ section.
On June 23, 2016, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released the Medicare Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory Tests Payment System Final Rule page. This Final Rule implements PAMA provisions pertaining to pricing and coding for clinical laboratory tests covered on the Medicare Clinical Lab Fee Schedule (CLFS), as well as reporting requirements for clinical laboratories performing these tests.