The Private Practice Physicians Section (PPPS) offers its members various opportunities to be involved and advocate for patients and the profession.
The strategy and activities of the PPPS are directed by a seven-member governing council elected by section membership.
Nominations are now being accepted for three open positions. All positions have 2-year terms that will commence in June 2022, following the Annual Meeting, and end in June 2024.
- Chair-elect (one position—must be current Governing Council member)
- Delegate (one position—must be current Governing Council member)
- Alternate delegate (one position)
- Member at-large (one position, representing practices with one to eight physicians)
- Member at-large (one position, representing practices with nine to 50 physicians)
Nomination forms for the positions must be completed by April 29, 2022. PPPS members must submit a nomination packet which includes an application, biographical sketch form and a headshot photo (JPEG).
- Nomination form (PDF)
Contribute to PPPS policymaking efforts by submitting a resolution for consideration at a PPPS meeting. Visit the PPPS online member forum for more information or submit resolutions to [email protected].
Volunteer opportunities are available at PPPS meetings (June and November) and throughout the year:
- Reference Committee: Plays integral role in PPPS policymaking process
- Candidate Interview Committee: Interviews candidates for AMA elected offices and provides feedback to section members
- Policy Committee: Assists in the ongoing policy development process
Contact us at [email protected] to learn more and to volunteer.