To assist residents as they transition to practicing physicians, the AMA negotiates student loan refinancing options through Credible. More than 80% of physicians under the age of 40 are still paying off their medical student loans, according to the AMA Insurance’s National Work/Life Profiles 2014 survey. Nearly half of these young physicians carry a debt of $150,000–$200,000.
The Value of Refinancing
AMA members who use Credible can receive financing offers as low as 3.11%.
How to Refinance
AMA members who use Credible can receive personalized refinance offers from top lenders in just 90 seconds and get a $420 bonus once refinancing is complete. (Additional terms and conditions may apply.) Using the Credible service is as easy as:
- Request prequalified rates—in 90 seconds, get refinancing rates from multiple lenders
- Select your preferred lender—choose a lender and finalize your offer
- Choose your best offer—select the one that is right for you
The Best Refinancing Offer
For the best offer:
- Be in good credit standing.
- Have a low debt-to-income ratio.
- Have a work history.
- Be aware of current market rates.
- Apply with a cosigner if the credit score is 680 or lower.
- Compare multiple offers.
Visit the Credible website to get started.