Our Interim 2022 Section and House of Delegates meetings are rapidly approaching. Your speakers provide the following important updates:
Advance, online registration is required for all attendees of section and House meetings, including guests and children. As part of the registration process, attendees will be required to attest to the health & safety protocol, the Code of Conduct policy, and a liability waiver. Therefore, each attendee must personally register, including all HOD delegates and alternate delegates. Participants will be asked to register their guests, including children, during this registration process. Organizations represented in the House of Delegates should have previously submitted the names of their delegates and alternate delegates for credentialing to the HOD Office.
Registration is now open for the House of Delegates and all Section meetings. To get started, visit here and sign in to the AMA site.
The Board of Trustees adopted the following health & safety Protocol for Interim 2022:
- All attendees must attest during the registration process that they have at least completed the primary series vaccination and one booster. Attendees are strongly encouraged to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations (per CDC recommendations in effect on Sept. 2, 2022) as authorized or approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or for international guests, the World Health Organization.
- Only verified medical exemptions will be honored. Please email [email protected] for further instructions.
- No other exemptions will be allowed.
- Attendees will attest during registration that they will perform tests and not participate in the meeting if positive and will be provided two tests upon arrival at the meeting. Attendees also are encouraged to test for COVID-19 prior to departure for the meeting, if they exhibit symptoms during the meeting, and following their return home from the meeting.
- CDC recommendations or requirements of Honolulu or Hawaii in effect at the time of the meeting will be enacted and enforced.
- The Executive Committee is empowered to act regarding masking and to make any requirements more stringent based on the assessment of conditions as the meeting approaches.
Per the policy adopted at our November 2021 Special Meeting, the online forums will be open for a 14-day period that starts in mid-October (the specific date will be included in the Speakers’ Letter). Reference committees will again issue preliminary documents based on their review of the online comments, which will be posted by Nov. 8 to allow members of the House to consider the documents. Discussion of each item at reference committee hearings will begin with the resolution or report as originally submitted.
We will inform the House when the forums have opened for comments. However, all resolutions and reports will be posted on the meeting website as they become available and some business has been posted.
Volunteers to serve on House committees, including reference committees, Rules and Credentials, Resolution Committee, and tellers are being sought. The application form (PDF), should be submitted to [email protected]. As a reminder, reference committee volunteers would need to be available to meet virtually on the weekend prior to the opening session of the House, to develop a preliminary document based on the online forum testimony. All applicants are asked to keep this weekend open on their schedule to accommodate this meeting.
We are pleased to announce that once again Camp AMA will be available for children of attendees of the section and HOD meetings.
The Board of Trustees has adopted the following health & safety protocol for Camp AMA I-22:
- Any child with a fever or exhibiting other symptoms of illness should not participate in Camp AMA. Children who become ill during the day must be picked up by their parent(s) upon notification.
- Parents of all children eligible for vaccination (ages 6 months and older) will be required to attest that their child is up to date on vaccination (per CDC recommendations in effect on Sept. 2, 2022).
- Medical exemptions will be honored.
- No other exemptions will be allowed.
- While masking is not currently required, parents of all children over age 2 will be expected to supply a mask, should circumstances require such.
- Parents are required to have a negative COVID-19 test, for children over the age of 2, within 24 hours of attending Camp AMA. A negative COVID-19 test is also required to return to Camp AMA, should the child have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or receive a diagnosis of COVID-19. Parents will be asked to attest to the results of testing.
Advance registration is required to participate in Camp AMA. As part of the registration process, parents will be required to agree to the Terms and Conditions of Attendance including the health & safety protocol as detailed above. The deadline for registration is Nov. 3, 2022. Please note that a maximum of 50 children can be accommodated on any given day due to space constrictions. No walk-ups can be accommodated.
Camp AMA will be held in the Hilton Hawaiian Village during the following dates and times (all times are local Honolulu):
- Thursday, Nov. 10 to Monday, Nov. 14, 7 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 7 a.m. 60 minutes after the close of HOD
Parents will be notified of the exact location upon registration.
- Thursday, Oct. 13–Ontime deadline for resolutions
- Thursday, Nov. 3–Registration for Camp AMA closes
HOD meeting schedule (tentative)
- Saturday, Nov. 12, 1 p.m.–Opening session
- Saturday, Nov. 12, 2:30 p.m.–Health Equity Open Forum
- Sunday, Nov. 13, 8 a.m.–Second opening
- Sunday, Nov. 13, 8:30 a.m.–Reference committee hearings
- Sunday, Nov. 13, 2:30 p.m.–Education sessions
- Sunday, Nov. 13, 3 p.m.–Speaker to speaker meeting
- Sunday, Nov. 13, 5:30-7 p.m.–Celebration of Drs. Bailey and Harmon
- Monday, Nov. 14, a.m. available for caucus/delegation meetings
- Monday, Nov. 14, 1-6 p.m.–HOD business session
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 8 a.m. – completion–HOD business session
-- Responses should be directed to [email protected]
For additional speakers' updates visit the updates overview page.