This is the fifth of six webinars which will be held virtually during the months of February and March 2021 to provide guidance on pharmacogenomics and understand the health equity implications of adoption.
The webinars are sponsored by AMA and ASHP (American Society of Health-System Pharmacists).
Explore the challenges and potential solutions for implementing pharmacogenomics into practice through clinical decision support.
This webinar will:
- Recognize the diverse perspectives on pharmacogenomics implementation
- Identify clinical decision support opportunities and challenges
- Discuss health IT solutions for implementing pharmacogenomics into practice
- Describe the role of interdisciplinary collaborations to implement pharmacogenomics
Henry “Mark” Dunnenberger, PharmD, BCPS, director, Pharmacogenomics Center for Personalized Medicine, NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Clinician & health IT perspectives
- Deepak Voora, MD (VA)
- Marc S. Williams, MD (Geisinger)
- Nephi Walton, MD, MS, FACMG, FAMIA (Intermountain Healthcare)
- Kristin Wiisanen, PharmD, FAPhA, FCCP (University of Florida)
- Peter J. Hulick, MD, MMSc, FACMG (NorthShore University HealthSystem)
- Moderated panel
- Future directions & wrap up
ASHP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education and by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This jointly sponsored online activity will offer two hours of CPE credit to pharmacists or CME credit to physician attendees. Pharmacists and physicians are eligible to receive a total of 12.00 hours of continuing education credit by attending all six events.
Participants must participate in the entire activity, complete the evaluation and all required components to claim continuing education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts to claim credit and view your statement of credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
Visit the Pharmacogenomics Virtual Summit Series page for information on other summits in the series.