This was the fourth of six webinars which were held virtually during the months of February and March 2021 to provide guidance on pharmacogenomics and understand the health equity implications of adoption.
The webinars are sponsored by AMA and ASHP (American Society of Health-System Pharmacists).
Discover how specialties are building state-of-the-art clinical guidelines and how the medical community can foster cross-specialty integration.
- Recognized how specialties are building state of the art clinical guidelines
- Described how pharmacogenomics guidelines are used by different specialties
- Identified the genetic counselor perspective on pharmacogenomics
- Discussed ways to use CPIC guides across specialties
Peter J. Hulick, MD, MMSc, FACMG, medical director of the Mark R. Neaman Center for Personalized Medicine, division head, Center for Medical Genetics, NorthShore University HealthSystem
- CPIC guidelines—Kelly E. Caudle, PharmD, PhD, BCPS, FCCP (St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital)
- Cardiology—Jasmine Luzum, PharmD, PhD, BCPS (University of Michigan)
- Psychiatry—Jeffrey Bishop, PharmD, MS, BCPP, FCCP (University of Minnesota)
- Anesthesiology/Pain management—Jesse Ehrenfeld, MD, MPH, immediate past chair, AMA Board of Trustees
- Hematology/Oncology—Jill M. Kolesar, PharmD, MS (University of Kentucky)
- Genetic counselor perspective—Michelle Springer, MS, CGC (University of Colorado)
- Moderated panel
- Future directions & wrap up
ASHP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education and by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This jointly sponsored online activity will offer two hours of CPE credit to pharmacists or CME credit to physician attendees. Pharmacists and physicians are eligible to receive a total of 12.00 hours of continuing education credit by attending all six events.
Participants must participate in the entire activity, complete the evaluation and all required components to claim continuing education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts to claim credit and view your statement of credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
Visit the Pharmacogenomics Virtual Summit Series page for information on other summits in the series.