This was the third of six webinars that were held virtually during the months of February and March 2021 to provide guidance on pharmacogenomics and understand the health equity implications of adoption.
The webinars are sponsored by AMA and ASHP (American Society of Health-System Pharmacists).
Hear from a diverse array of experts who have successfully integrated pharmacogenomics into practice—from integrating CPIC guidelines into care practices to communicating pharmacogenomic results.
- Gave examples of pharmacogenomic use cases from a range of practice settings
- Defined laboratory technologies currently used for pharmacogenomics
- Discussed how to communicate pharmacogenomic results
- Identified strategies to provide clinicians with pharmacogenomic education
Mary V. Relling, PharmD, member and endowed chair, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee
- Laboratory technologies—Victoria M. Pratt, PhD, FACMG (Indiana University)
- Communicating pharmacogenomic results—Gwen McMillin, PhD, DABCC(CC,TC) (University of Utah)
- Use case #1—Philip Empey, PharmD, PhD (University of Pittsburgh)
- Use case #2—Todd Skaar, MS, PhD (Indiana University)
- Use case #3—Nita A. Limdi, PharmD, PhD, MSPH, FAHA (UAB)
- Use case #4—David Gregornik, BA, BS, PharmD (University of Minnesota)
- Education perspective—Andrew Monte, MD, PhD (University of Colorado)
- Moderated panel discussion
- Wrap up
ASHP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education and by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This jointly sponsored online activity will offer two hours of CPE credit to pharmacists or CME credit to physician attendees. Pharmacists and physicians are eligible to receive a total of 12.00 hours of continuing education credit by attending all six events.
Participants must participate in the entire activity, complete the evaluation and all required components to claim continuing education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts to claim credit and view your statement of credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
Visit the Pharmacogenomics Virtual Summit Series page for information on other summits in the series.