Each year, the Medical Student Section regions host Physicians of the Future Summits which allow for educational programs and further discussion on leadership development relevant to each region and its membership.
Medical students will have the opportunity at the summit to learn how to grow their leadership skills and use these skills to advocate for the medical profession.
Physicians of the Future Summit-Region 6 is being held virtually Jan. 28, 2023.
All regions will convene for a joint session on Jan. 28 from noon-1:50 p.m. Central, which will be followed by separate region summits.
Information on how to access the meeting will be posted once available.
Plenary session agenda (all times are Central)
Please log in by 11:50 a.m.
- Achieving Health Equity: Habits of Mind for Social Justice Warriors
- Developing Leadership as a Young Physician
- 5 Things Program Directors Look for in a CV and Residency Application
Region 6 agenda (all times are Central)
- Welcome, Region 6 networking session
Leading through Primary Care Advocacy: A Sustainable Framework for American Healthcare
- Rafay Nasir, Penn State College of Medicine
The Unsung Heroes of the Match: Lessons for Trainee Advocacy and Leadership
- Bryan Carmody, MD, MPH, Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters, assistant professor Eastern Virginia Medical School
Leadership Opportunities Advocating for People Who Use Drugs, Inside and Outside the Classroom
- Lauren ‘LB’ Canary, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
Lessons in Leadership: Developing StreetMed - Health Literacy and Primary Care Initiative
- Shad Yasin, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Parisa Thepmankorn, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Daniel Elias, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Imran Khawaja, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Closing & AMA leadership applications overview with Q&A
- Region 6 meet & greet with leadership-style workshop
Visit the other region summit pages for details of their events.