The AMA Center for Health Equity is pleased to be a co-sponsor with the ABIM Foundation, American Hospital Association, American Nursing Association, Association of American Medical Colleges’ Center for Health Justice and lead organization The Hastings Center for the upcoming Health Equity Summit, Righting the Wrongs: Tackling Health Inequities.
- Jan. 19, 2022, 9 a.m.-noon Central (virtual)
- Jan. 20, 2022, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Central (virtual)
Registration for this event is now closed.
Jan. 19, 2022
Day one will focus on historical events and decisions that have led to major inequities in health. It is designed for the general public, health professionals, researchers and policymakers.
- Isabel Wilkerson, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents and The Warmth of Other Suns
- Richard Rothstein, Economic Policy Institute, author The Color of Law on state-sponsored segregation
- David Williams, professor of public health and presenter of the TEDMED talk “How Racism Makes Us Sick”
Jan. 20, 2022
Day two will offer insights and examples of promising strategies that policymakers, researchers, health care leaders and caregivers can employ to address inequities through policy, clinical care, medical education, research and community collaborations.
- Daniel Dawes, Satcher Health Leadership Institute, Morehouse College of Medicine, and a key figure in shaping the Mental Health Parity Act and the Affordable Care Act. Author, The Political Determinants of Health