Members of the Medical Student Section (MSS) have a unique opportunity to shape AMA policy and action on the issues most important to medical students.
New to the policymaking process? Access our education module, How AMA Policy is Made, to learn how MSS members influence the AMA’s policymaking efforts.
Learn how you can contribute to the policymaking activities of the section.
MSS members may submit resolutions for consideration at biannual meetings of the MSS Assembly (June and November). Learn more about how to write and submit a resolution.
MSS members are invited to comment on policy proposals in advance of each MSS Assembly meeting via the open forum (discussion of policy ideas) and virtual reference committee (discussion of resolutions and reports).
The MSS Governing Council wants every MSS member's voice to be heard. If you have a concern or new idea you would like addressed or brought to the attention of the MSS, fill out the action item request form.
Before submitting the form make sure to:
- Review instructions on submitting an impactful action item (PDF, members only)
- Explore the current action items digest (PDF, members only)
- PolicyFinder: Search for policies adopted by the AMA House of Delegates.
- Federal and state correspondence finder: Search for AMA testimony, comment letters and sign-on letters.
- Litigation Center case summary finder: Search for information on AMA Litigation Center cases.
- MSS internal operating procedures (PDF)
- AMA Constitution and Bylaws
- MSS Summary of Actions November 2021 (PDF, members only)
- Summary of MSS Assembly actions 1999-2021 (PDF, members only): See actions of the MSS Assembly, organized by meeting.
- MSS Digest of Actions (PDF, members only): See actions of the MSS Assembly, organized by topic.