Review the agenda for the 2023 AMA Medical Student Advocacy Conference (MAC) taking place March 2-3 in Washington, D.C.
Times are Eastern and subject to change.
- Conference check-in, badge & materials pick-up
- Networking welcome: Enjoy coffee, meet students and AMA partners
- Get your professional headshot, or sign up for a time slot
- Opening remarks, keynote addresses, advocacy training sessions
- AMA address
- Training session: Education on the health policy issues
- Learn about the health policy issues and why they matter to patients and medical students, and how to advocate for these issues on Capitol Hill. Interactive session and live Q & A.
- Keynote addresses
- Training session: Learn effective lobbying techniques from experts
- Receive tips and best practices for meetings with legislators and staffers on Capitol Hill. Interactive session and live Q & A.
- Networking reception
- Hotel check out & luggage drop-off
- State breakouts breakfast
- Advocacy education session
- GRAF remarks, board the shuttles
- Shuttles depart for Capitol Hill
- All attendee medical student photo on Capitol Hill
10:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Capitol Hill meetings
- Headshots conclude; Attendees depart