International Medical Graduates Section members can also be members of an International Medical Graduates Section Committee. Governing Council members must serve as a chair of an International Medical Graduates Section Committee and have proficient computer knowledge.
There are various committees with unique roles and responsibilities and 1 special interest group for United States International Medical Graduates (USIMG).
2016–2017 International Medical Graduates Section Committees
Resolutions and reports:
- Develop at least 3 well-written and researched reports or resolutions for the Interim and Annual House of Delegates (HOD) meetings.
- Identify 2 issues that require AMA IMGS advocacy efforts.
- Recruit a diverse pool of candidates for the International Medical Graduates Section Governing Council (IMGS GC) elections.
- Present a diverse slate for the 2017 International Medical Graduates Section Governing Council (IMGS GC) online ballot.
Leadership development program
- Recruit at least 10 diverse committee members.
- Develop the program/speaker for the Busharat Ahmad, MD Leadership Program at the Interim and Annual meeting.
- Discover what resources or tools IMGs need in order to ascend into leadership positions.
- Develop, plan and promote the 2017 Desserts Reception beginning in January.
- To develop team of Committee members to devise ideas for social media regarding IMGS. Ideas will be transmitted to IMG staff and AMA ECM Marketing team.
AMA-USIMG special interest group
For all U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are attending medical school outside of the U.S. but have not yet attained certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, join this special interest group to access resources and networking opportunities.
- Monthly communication with medical student resources
- Networking opportunities with other students, residents/fellows and physicians
- Attend the National Meeting of IMGs at the Annual IMG Symposium
- View webinars and videos with practical tips for navigating the match
- Find information on the ECFMG certification process
- Access financial planning and loan consolidation resources
- Gain free access to the JAMA Network™ if your school has an institutional subscription
Contact us with any questions.
Membership Moves Medicine™
- Fight regulatory burdens
- Free access to JAMA®
- Free access to CME
- Save on insurance
Join the AMA Today