During International Medical Graduate (IMG) Physicians Recognition Week, Oct. 17-22, AMA honors and celebrates IMG physicians who are a vital component of the physician workforce and the AMA.
IMG physicians play a critical role in the delivery of health care services. Having a disruption to the flow of IMGs that practice medicine in the U. S. would cause a tremendous change in medicine and affect the lives of patients.
Join us and participate in IMG Recognition Week by showing the value of your IMG physicians.
- Over 10,000 users have accessed the IMG COVID-19 FAQs Guide.
- AMA sent several letters to the Administration and other federal entities to expedite visa processing and reduce the barriers and hindrances for IMGs practicing medicine in the U.S.
- AMA advocated for The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2022 (signed into law in March) for authorization to extend the Conrad 30 program beyond September 2022.
- AMA provided resources regarding subsidies, visa processing/delays, visas affecting families, unlicensed physicians in the U.S., current physicians practicing medicine and licensing examinations.
- AMA sent a statement to the Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, and Border Safety, Judicial Committee advocating why immigrants are crucial to bolstering the health care workforce
Learn about AMA member Varudhini Reddy, MD, and her work in advocating for those in need.
Registration for IMG Recognition Week webinar closed Monday, Oct. 17. Considering a Fellowship? Learn about FREIDATM, the AMA Residency and Fellowship Database."
Information on additional programs will be posted once available.
U.S. clinical experience opportunities for IMGs
AMA advocates for IMG physicians
Are you currently in a U.S. residency program or are you ECFMG-certified and waiting to match into a U.S. residency program (GME position)? Join now.