Members of the Academic Physicians Section (APS) have a unique opportunity to shape AMA policy and advocate for medical education and related topics of interest.
New to the policymaking process? Access the education module, How AMA Policy is Made, to learn how APS members influence the AMA’s policymaking efforts.
APS members may submit resolutions for consideration at biannual meetings of the APS (June and November). Resolutions for consideration at the 2024 APS Annual Meeting must be submitted to [email protected] by April 8.
APS members are invited to comment on policy proposals in advance of each APS business meeting via the online member forum. Authors are encouraged to comment on their own resolutions if they believe doing so would be informative to other reviewers.
- PolicyFinder: Search for policies adopted by the AMA House of Delegates
- Archive of the House of Delegates Meetings: Explore meeting proceedings, the status of past resolutions, and report recommendations.
- Federal and State Correspondence Finder: Find AMA testimony, comment letters and sign-on letters
- Litigation Center Case Summary Finder: Review AMA Litigation Center cases by topic, title or relevant term.
- Council on Medical Education Reports: Reports provide recommendations on various topics related to medical education including updates on certification and licensure processes, undergraduate (UME), graduate medical education (GME), and continuing medical education (CME).
- AMA Constitution and Bylaws