Research shows almost 50% of physician and provider directories contain incorrect physician information, which can impede timely, affordable, patient-focused care.
New federal and state regulations are addressing this issue by requiring payers to improve directory accuracy.
Update the directory in one place to benefit physicians & patients
To help physicians and providers streamline multiple requests from payers, the AMA and its subsidiary AMA Business Solutions have collaborated with industry leader LexisNexis® Risk Solutions to introduce VerifyHCP, an online, user-friendly platform that enables practices to validate or update directory information through 1 channel for all participating health plans.
Learn more by viewing The State of Provider Directory Accuracy Infographic from Lexis Nexis and the AMA or the CMS Online Provider Directory Review Report (PDF) by The Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS).
How to participate
Physicians and providers: Verifying or updating your data is simple, easy and free.
- If your payer is already part of VerifyHCP, look for an email invitation from AMA Business Solutions to update your practice profile.
- If you do not receive an invitation please review answers to frequently asked questions about VerifyHCP or submit questions to LexisNexis for additional information.
Payers: Contact LexisNexis to learn more about joining the system or to request a product demo.
Resources for physicians
- FAQ (PDF)
- Fact sheet (PDF)
- Brochure (PDF)
- Webinar slides: VHCP regulations overview (PDF)
- Webinar slides: Directory accuracy making it easier in 2019 (PDF)
- Directory accuracy making it easier in 2019 webinar recording