In addition to the work the AMA is doing on the Recovery Plan, we are also advocating at the federal and state levels to remove obstacles to care.
- Continuing to address No Surprises Act implementation issues with the administration, Congress and in the courts when necessary. Recent court decisions, supported by the AMA, have resulted in a fairer dispute resolution process.
- Led over 100 other organizations in preventing implementation of burdensome Cigna modifier 25 policy.
- Pushing Congress to help stop the current and impending further crisis in the physician workforce by emphasizing a multi-prong solution in unison with the AMA’s Recovery Plan to establish:
- Additional GME slots and funding so that more physicians can be trained.
- Additional funding in support of programs created through the Dr. Lorna Breen Health Care Provider Protection Act.
- More loan repayment and scholarship programs for physicians provided by the committee, such as through the National Health Service Corps.
The AMA works to generate support for policies critical to the nation’s health care system—and we can’t do it without your help. Learn more about ways to get involved with AMA advocacy.