The AMA “Members Move Medicine” series profiles a wide variety of doctors and health care organizations, offering a glimpse into the passions of women and men navigating new courses in American medicine.
On the move with: Privia Health in Arlington, Virginia.
AMA group member since: 2018
How our organization moves medicine: Privia Health™ is a national technology-driven physician enablement company that collaborates with medical groups, health plans and health systems to optimize physician practices, improve patient experiences and reward doctors for delivering high-value care in both in-person and virtual settings. Our platform is led by top industry talent and exceptional physician leadership, and consists of scalable operations and end-to-end, cloud-based technology that reduces unnecessary healthcare costs, achieves better outcomes and improves the health of patients and the well-being of providers.
How our organization stands out from competitors: We place the patient-provider relationship at the heart of health care. To nurture this vital relationship, we deliver tools, talent and technology built to help doctors and their teams keep patients healthy. We meet providers where they are in their volume-to-value journey so that—together—we can advance care for patients. We partner with payers, health systems and employers to better align reimbursements with quality, outcomes and performance.
Groundbreaking or innovative projects: Our national, cloud-based technology solution is designed to drive consistency, scale and best practices across all providers. This approach helps us nimbly and seamlessly deliver essential information at the point of care and implement improvements that benefit physicians, their patients and our partners.
- Implemented a patient-reported data capability and campaign to close 12,000 care gaps, saving staff an estimated 125 days' worth of work.
- Strategically aligned with both Health First in Central Florida and Children’s Health in Dallas, Texas, to help bolster the health systems’ physician alignment.
- Partnered with Javara to expand patient access to industry-sponsored clinical trials and research opportunities.
- Deployed Dorsata technology to help provide OB-GYNs with timely, actionable insights at the point of care, enhance patient safety and improve clinical outcomes.
Accomplishments and awards:
- Received 2021 Top Workplaces USA Award, issued by Energage.
- Won the 2021 MAP Award for High Performance in Revenue Cycle, sponsored by the Healthcare Financial Management Association, for the sixth consecutive year.
How our organization gives back to the community: In 2020, our company-wide philanthropy initiative Privia Gives Back Volunteers donated over $35,000 to charities combating childhood cancer, health care disparities and more. Additionally, we raised nearly $10,000 to support employees impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and buy back-to-school supplies.
Visit MembershipMovesMedicine.com to learn more about other AMA members who are relentlessly moving medicine through advocacy, education, patient care and practice innovation, and join or renew today.